Not everyone knows how to use the google voice command on android phone. This feature is cool and easy to use, so therefore, in this article, I will teach you more things you can do with Google Voice command on android phone without actually using your fingers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH GOOGLE VOICE COMMAND ON ANDROID PHONE
- Take a picture. Say, “OK Google. Take a picture,” and it launches the camera ready for you to snap away.
- Open webpages. For example, I go, “OK Google, open cashrange.com,” and it launches the browser and loads this blog. I have used this feature and it’s damn cool.
- Compose and send messages E.g. via WhatsApp. Say, for example, “OK Google. Send WhatsApp message to dad. “Hello dad. I hope you’re doing fine.” It composes the message and displays it for me to see. When I say, “Send,” it sends it. Simple. No hands or fingers involved.
- Call a number. You can say, “OK Google. Call Bae.” The app asks for which of her numbers I want to dial. I say, “The first,” and it dials her.
- Create Calendar appointments and reminders. Just say, “Ok Google. Create appointment,” and follow the voice prompts.
- If you do not wish to proceed with a command you have issued, just say, “Cancel.” The app cancels the action. If you need to modify a message or entry that you have dictated, just say, “Change.”
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LANGUAGE
For those of us that would like to use our local languages, don’t panic, you can change your search language in the Settings. Available Nigerian languages include: Yoruba (listed as Ede Yoruba), Hausa, Igbo, and Nigerian Pidgin. That has got a huge segment of Nigerians covered. Just pick which language works for you. There are more other languages available for you to choose from. Record a video. Say, “OK Google. Record a video,” and launches the camera in video recording mode Post to Twitter. Say, “OK Google. Post to Twitter. “Hello guys. Its going to be a great day.” Then tell it to send the displayed text.
HOW TO ADD PUNCTUATIONS WHEN USING GOOGLE VOICE ON ANDROID PHONE
When dictating a message, note or Calendar entry, Google Voice does not know where to put punctuation. To insert proper punctuation, you have to dictate this way, “How are you this morning I hope you are fine [full stop]” The app types this command out as “How are you this morning? I hope you are fine.”
HOW TO USE GOOGLE VOICE TO LOCK AND UNLOCK YOUR PHONE
Like seriously, i have been using this feature on my phone for years now and it’s very interesting. The good part of this feature is that, if Google didn’t recognize your voice that moment, you can use the alternative unlock method you chose. Below is the steps to set a Google voice lock for your Android phone.
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings => Security => Screen Lock
- If you are already using a Screen lock method, kindly input the code.
- Then it will take you to the list of screen locks.
- Now, tap on Voice unlock
- Tap on Unlock command
- Tap on Record and then say something. (Follow the on-screen instructions)
- After that, you will be asked to choose alternative unlock method in case Google didn’t recognize your Voice at the moment when you want to unlock your phone.
That’s all buddy! You have successfully activated Google Voice on your Android device.
I hope you find this post useful and if you did, don’t hesitate to share this post using the available share buttons below.