What is the price of mobile security?
In our big test, this time we have only taken into account the paid antivirus apps since all the major PC security software manufacturers also offer their own apps for free. However, these applications usually do without important functions, such as, for example, protection against theft or phishing. For this reason, full protection is only available in exchange for a payment (between $10 and $30 per year).
However, if you want to protect your PC, mobile, and tablet at the same time, you can save by opting for the ‘Multi-Device’ packages. Depending on what you are looking for, in G Data you can save up to $25 for example.
iPhone and Windows do not need protection
Among the candidates for the test only Android apps have been included, because iOS and Windows Phone devices are more protected because Apple and Microsoft thoroughly check the apps they offer in their stores. In this way, you do not need (for now) any app that protects you.
The ones that best protect you from the current threats are Kaspersky, Eset, Bitdefender, G Data and Avira. The rest of the apps are also reliable. With regard to the defense against older viruses, Bitdefender said. The others missed some attacks. And, for its part, G Data let too many threats pass.
Without mobile and without data?
However, not only viruses want to access your mobile, but also there are cybercriminals who steal the terminal. Avast is the one that most protects you from the consequences of a loss or theft: with these antivirus for Android, you can locate, block and control your mobile at a distance.
Instructions could be given via SMS or the web portal. Eset and Kaspersky also scored here, but the others did not offer much help in this. And, if someone who finds or steals the mobile can uninstall the security app without further ado, the protection disappears.
Both Symantec and Avira did not prevent the erasing of the app by password. And even worse: after restarting the phone to the factory settings, only Avast continued its active protection. The newcomer also highlighted in the online backup of photos, documents, and contacts; the competition did not offer much in this regard.
1. Avira Antivirus Security: Click here to download the app.
2. Norton Antivirus and Security: Click here to download the app.
3. G Data Internet Security: Click here to download the app.
4. McAfee Antivirus Security: Click here to download the app.
5. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus: Click here to download the app.
6. Eset Mobile Security & Antivirus: Click here to download the app.
7. Avast Mobile Security: Click here to download the app.
8. Kaspersky Internet Security: Click here to download the app.
9. Trend Micro Mobile Security & Antivirus: Click here to download the app.
10. Sophos Mobile Security: Click here to download the app.
So, if you liked this article then simply do not forget to share this article with your friends and family.